These Peanut Butter and Jelly Energy Bites are a delicious snack to get your energy up when you’re feeling sluggish. They are perfect for driving days and to bring along on your sight seeing adventures.
Even better, they’re super easy to make, can be customized with different ingredients, and taste amazing! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 freeze-dried strawberries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Mix together peanut butter, banana, and maple syrup in a bowl. Add oatmeal and freeze-dried strawberries and stir to combine.
- Use your hands to roll the mixture into bite-sized balls. If the mixture sticks to your hands you can coat your hands with a little oil or cooking spray. If the mixture seems a little dry you can add a bit more mashed banana. If it’s too wet, add a little more rolled oats.
- Place balls on a cookie sheet lined with wax or parchment paper.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
Yields: 15 – 18 Balls
These PB & J energy balls are a perfect snack for the RV, truck, trail, or anytime you want a healthy snack to tide you over until mealtime.
If you are looking for more recipes or a camping meal plan, check out my Cooking at the Campground cookbook.
Sharing is caring! Feel free to share this recipe on social media or save the image below to Pinterest.