We’ve been attending the International Food & Wine Festival at Walt Disney World’s Epcot Center for years. Learn more about the pros and cons of this annual event.
Pros – Food & Wine
Each year Disney Chefs and special guest culinary artists serve up the best gastronomic treats you can imagine.
Here’s a sampling of what we enjoyed on our last visit:
- Flavors from Fire! Smoked Corned Beef with Warm Crispy Potatoes, Pickled Onions and Blonde Ale Beer Fondue and Orlando Brewery Smokin’ Blackwater Porter
- Coastal Eats – Lump Crab Cake with Napa Cabbage Slaw and Avocado Lemongrass Cream
- Earth Eats – Ricotta and Zucchini Ravioli with Rustic Tomato Sauce with Kurt Russell’s Gogi Wines Chardonnay Gogi “Goldie”, California
- Islands of the Caribbean – Mojo Pork with Black Beans, Cilantro Rice, and Pickled Red Onions
- Ireland – Warm Irish Cheddar Cheese and Stout Dip with Irish Brown Bread with Twinings Pumpkin Chai Tea and Caramel Shake
- Belgium – 2 Belgian Waffles: one with Warm Chocolate Ganache and one with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream; Stella Artois Hard Cidre
- Greece – Loaded Greek “Nachos”: Pita Chips, Meatless Sausage Crumbles, and Vegan Tzatziki and Bougatsa: Warm Phyllo Dough Strudel with Sweet Vanilla Custard, Lemon Honey Syrup and Cinnamon
We both agreed that Greece had our favorite food–both the loaded Greek pita nachos and the bougasta. On the drink side, my favorite was the Twinings Pumpkin Chai Tea and Caramel Shake from Ireland, and Sean’s was the Stella Artois Hard Cidre from Belgium.
For a full list of the booths, check out the Disney Food Blog.
Cons – Weather
We went in early October and couldn’t believe how hot it still was! The high was 89, and the weather app said it “felt like” 100 with the humidity. It felt hotter than that to me. We skipped Future World and went straight to the World Showcase. By the time we were halfway around the World Showcase, we were so hot that we just didn’t want to see or eat anymore. My recommendation would be to go as late in the season as possible.
Click here to listen to our podcast episode where we discuss this festival in more detail, as well as our visit to the Fort Wilderness Campground.
Click here to learn about other festivals we love at Walt Disney World.
Sharing is caring! Please feel free to share the image below on Pinterest!