This is a very simple pumpkin pie made without dairy. The coconut milk actually gives it a rich, creamy texture that I think is better than pumpkin pie made with traditional milk.
Baking in a small kitchen can get complicated, but over the last few years of full-time RV living I’ve learned some tricks that can make it simpler.
- I buy a pre-made pie crust and don’t have to worry about rolling it out on my tiny counter.
- I use my Vitamix Blender to mix the ingredients so I don’t need a separate mixer.
- I have a baking stone in my propane oven to keep the bottom of the pie from burning.
- 1 – 14oz can of pumpkin (not pie filling)
- ¾ cup full-fat coconut milk (from a can, not the carton)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 – 9” store-bought vegan pie crust
- Vegan Coconut Whipped Cream
- Preheat your oven to 350F (180C).
- Add the pumpkin, coconut milk, brown sugar, cornstarch, maple syrup, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt to a blender or a large bowl. Mix well.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the uncooked 9″ pie crust. Use a spatula to spread the pumpkin evenly. For best results let it chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- Bake for 60 minutes. Remove it from the oven. The edges might be slightly cracked and the middle will still look wobbly.
- Let cool, and then chill in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight until set.
This article contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase something I’ll get a small commission at no additional cost to you.
For other great fall recipes and ideas, visit the We are Pinnable Link Party by clicking the image below.