One of my favorite things about fall is picking apples! Second best is apple pie, but I don’t love the calories. This recipe allows me to enjoy the best of both worlds and it is easy to cook in my tiny kitchen.
It is a very simple and nutritious, and even better you can cook them in a small RV oven. Nothing is better than the smell of baking apples in the camper!
Super Stuffed Baked Apples
- 4 apples
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter or butter substitute
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Core each apple making a large well in the center and arrange apples on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Mix dried ingredients in a bowl; cut in butter until evenly combined.
- Spoon 1/4 of the oat mixture into each apple.
- Bake in the preheated oven until apples are tender and filling is bubbling, about 30 minutes.
Left over apples? Dip them in caramel!
- Get creative and add toppings too!
- The options are endless from melted chocolate and nuts to shredded coconut or candy sprinkles.
For other great ideas to Celebrate Fall, check out the following:
Celebrate Fall with Pumpkin Arrangements and Apple Cream Tarts by Faeries and Fauna