Last updated on September 22nd, 2023 at 08:37 pm
One of my favorite things about fall is picking apples! Second best is apple pie, but I don’t love the calories. This recipe allows me to enjoy the best of both worlds and it is easy to cook in my tiny kitchen.
It is very simple and nutritious, and even better you can cook them in a small RV oven. Nothing is better than the smell of baking apples in the camper!
Super Stuffed Baked Apples
- 4 apples
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter or butter substitute
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Core each apple making a large well in the center and arrange apples on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Mix dried ingredients in a bowl; cut in butter until evenly combined.
- Spoon 1/4 of the oat mixture into each apple.
- Bake in the preheated oven until apples are tender and filling is bubbling, about 30 minutes.
Left over apples? Dip them in caramel!
- Get creative and add toppings too!
- The options are endless from melted chocolate and nuts to shredded coconut or candy sprinkles.
For other great ideas to Celebrate Fall, check out the following:
Celebrate Fall with Pumpkin Arrangements and Apple Cream Tarts by Faeries and Fauna